Have experience working with and tutoring school-aged children? If so, we want to speak with you.
TERRA Staffing Group, named Best of Staffing® nine years in a row, is looking to hire Virtual Tutors to provide remote online tutoring support to the children of internal employees.
This is a part-time, temporary, work from home position with a Monday-Friday schedule.
You will be tutoring elementary to high school-aged children in WA, OR, AZ, and/or CO state with online learning this school year.
As a Virtual Tutor, you will help students with schoolwork from the hours of 3 pm – 7 pm PST. (hours per week vary)
During this 4-hour period, you will:
- Spend about 1 hour with each child.
- Assist students with lesson assignments for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching their academic goals and grade-level standards
- Ex: read stories, listen to students read, providing writing assistance, reinforce English lessons, provide spelling practice, elementary to high school level mathematics, facilitate activities, computer learning programs, etc.
- Confer with parents for purpose of providing input into the evaluation of students’ progress and/or implementing or modifying students’ objectives
You are perfect for this role if you are encouraging, patient, and can help the children progress in their reading, writing, math, science, and other general studies.
Virtual Tutor Requirements:
- Reading, mathematics, science
- Patience with children
- Basic word processing skills
- Previous experience working with school-aged children preferred
- Monday-Friday, 3 pm – 7 pm PST
- hours will vary, not guaranteed 4 hrs per day
Work from your home (supporting children in WA, OR, AZ and/or CO state)
If you are interested in this Virtual Tutor role, apply today. Or call 206.939.5628 to speak to Debbie Stephens about this opportunity right away.