Important Update Regarding Your Assignment in Oregon
Your safety and well-being are very important to us. This information is provided to keep you up-to-date on important information regarding your assignment.
Oregon Governor Kate Brown has issued an order that requires all citizens to wear facial coverings, and our clients will follow this mask mandate in their worksite.
What You Need to Know
- Employers must provide cloth facial covering to employees, unless their exposure dictates a higher level of protection under the Oregon Department Authority guidance.
- Employees may choose to wear their own facial coverings at work, provided it meets the minimum requirements.
- TERRA has facial coverings available. Please contact your nearest TERRA office if you need a facial covering.
Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
How the Virus is Transmitted
COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which spreads between people, mainly when an infected person is in close contact with another person.
The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe heavily. These liquid particles are different sizes, ranging from larger ‘respiratory droplets’ to smaller ‘aerosols’.
Other people can catch COVID-19 when the virus gets into their mouth, nose or eyes, which is more likely to happen when people are in direct or close contact (less than 6 feet apart) with an infected person.
The virus can also spread after infected people sneeze, cough on, or touch surfaces, or objects, such as tables, doorknobs and handrails. Other people may become infected by touching these contaminated surfaces, then touching their eyes, noses or mouths without having cleaned their hands first.
Face Covering Exceptions:
- If you are working alone in an office, vehicle, or at a job site.
- If your job has no in-person interaction.
- If you are, or are communicating with, an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing – or who relies on language cues such as facial markers and expression and mouth movements as a part of communication.
Reporting and Notification
Immediately notify your TERRA representative and your jobsite Supervisor if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, if you have had direct contact of a positive COVID-19 person, or if anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19.
If you have been exposed at the worksite the Client will notify you and TERRA of the exposure within 24 hours, if you have been deemed a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 at the worksite you will be notified directly with 24 hours and instructed to quarantine.
Job-Specific Sanitation Requirements
You will be trained on specific reporting requirements, safety, PPE, and COVID policies by the job duty assignment, performed by the Client, begging on your first day of employment at their worksite.
- TERRA is still here to support you. Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the number of visitors to our office. Please contact us by phone, email or through the TERRA app.
- You can find a list of our locations with contact information here.
- If you do not feel comfortable reporting to work, please contact your local branch office immediately.
Work Safe to Protect Yourself & Others
Please continue to practice good hygiene and social distancing.
- Maintain 6 feet of space between you and your nearest co-worker.
- Do not share utensils, cups, tools without disinfecting.
- Do not touch your face without first washing and/or disinfecting your hands even if you are wearing gloves.
- Cover your cough.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not come to work if you are sick—please call us first.
Feedback, Questions or Concerns?
Contact your TERRA Recruiter or email: [email protected]
TERRA found me a job I love.
TERRA did an amazing job of finding me a job I love!