Colorado’s New Paid Family Medical Leave Benefit
Starting January 1, 2024, all Colorado TERRA employees may be eligible to apply for the Colorado Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program (FAMLI) – the state’s new paid family medical leave benefit program.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Colorado employees will start seeing the required payroll deductions to fund the plan starting January 1, 2023.
- Benefit payments depend on your normal weekly wages and are capped at 90% or up to $1,100 per week.
- Employee premiums are set to 0.9% of wages, with .45% paid by the employer and .45% paid by the employee.
- Qualified employees may take up to 12 weeks of paid family medical leave for their own serious health condition or to care for a family member with a serious health condition (including birth of a child).
If you have questions about these deductions reach out to Human Resources by emailing [email protected] or calling 833-837-7247 (ext. 3333).
For more information on the program visit:
- Benefits Overview Link: Employer Toolkit Break Room Poster (colorado.gov)
- State Website: Home | Family and Medical Leave Insurance (colorado.gov)