Important Update Regarding Your Assignment
Your safety and well-being are very important to us. This information is provided to keep you up-to-date on important information regarding your assignment.
Our Governor has issued an order that requires all citizens to wear facial coverings, and our clients will follow this mask mandate in their worksite.
What You Need to Know
- Employers must provide cloth facial covering to employees, unless their exposure dictates a higher level of protection.
- Employees may choose to wear their own facial coverings at work, provided it meets the minimum requirements.
- TERRA has facial coverings available. Please contact your nearest TERRA office if you need a facial covering.
- Good fit is critical (doesn’t hurt when worn for extended periods of time, covers both mouth and nose, and doesn’t require frequent adjustments).
- Maintain at least 6 feet at all times, even when wearing a face covering
Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
How the Virus is Transmitted
COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which spreads between people, mainly when an infected person is in close contact with another person.
The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe heavily. These liquid particles are different sizes, ranging from larger ‘respiratory droplets’ to smaller aerosols.
Other people can catch COVID-19 when the virus gets into their mouth, nose or eyes, which is more likely to happen when people are in direct or close contact (less than 6 feet apart) with an infected person.
The virus can also spread after infected people sneeze, cough on, or touch surfaces, or objects, such as tables, doorknobs and handrails, shared tools, equipment and PPE that has not been properly cleaned. Other people may become infected by touching these contaminated surfaces, then touching their eyes, noses or mouths without having cleaned their hands first.
Face Covering Exceptions:
- If you are working alone in an office, vehicle, or at a job site.
- If your job has no in-person interaction.
- If you are, or are communicating with, an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing – or who relies on language cues such as facial markers and expression and mouth movements as a part of communication.
Reporting and Notification
Immediately quarantine and notify your TERRA representative and your jobsite Supervisor if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, if you have had direct contact of a positive COVID-19 person, have tested positive for COVID-19, or if anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19.
If you have been exposed at the worksite the Client will notify you directly, and TERRA of the exposure within 48 hours, if you have been deemed a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 at the worksite you will be notified directly with 24 hours and instructed to quarantine.
Job-Specific Sanitation Requirements
You will be trained on job specific reporting requirements, safety, PPE, Infectious Control Plan, face covering, exposure control and COVID policies and procedures by the Client.
- TERRA is still here to support you. Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the number of visitors to our office. Please contact us by phone, email or through the TERRA app.
- You can find a list of our locations with contact information here.
- If you do not feel comfortable reporting to work, please contact your local branch office immediately.
Work Safe to Protect Yourself & Others
Please continue to practice good hygiene and social distancing.
- Wear your face covering
- Maintain at least 6 feet of space between you and your nearest co-worker at all times, even when wearing face coverings. (There may be exceptions where your client has identified and justified specific job tasks where a six-foot distance is not feasible)
- Do not share utensils, cups, tools without disinfecting
- Do not touch your face without first washing and/or disinfecting your hands even if you are wearing gloves
- Cover your cough
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit
- Wash your hands immediately
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, if soap and water are not available use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Do not come to work if you are sick—please call us first
- If you have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person or have a positive person in the household, quarantine and notify your Supervisor and TERRA Representative immediately.
- Follow the client’s safety and exposure control measures
Feedback, Questions or Concerns?
Contact your TERRA Recruiter or email: [email protected]
TERRA found me work close to home.
TERRA always found me work, not to mention found me work close to home. The people at TERRA are really nice.