Posted March 3, 2021
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Come get your foot in the door with one of the largest Logistics and Shipping companies on the West Coast. Our South Seattle company is looking for a customer service Gate Checker to help out at their Exit Gate doing quality control, documentation, data entry, and filing. The work environment is laid back, and you'll be able to wear jeans everyday! This client of ours has a high conversion rate of hiring our employees providing permanent employment.
These positions will start ASAP and go through October and could lead to long term permanent employment. We're looking for someone who takes pride in their work, is detail oriented and likes to work independently within the group.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, APPLY
Gate Checker Job Duties:
- Verifying of inventory on freight trucks, this is a position that works 50% outside and 50% inside.
- Gathering data from the truck drivers as they come through and documentation of orders
- General office duties (fax, file, copy, data entry, ect)
What is great about this job:
- Consistent, day shift schedule.
- Laid back environment, wear jeans to work every day!
- Opportunity to be hired on full time, with competitive pay and benefits.
- Well established company that offers lots of opportunity for growth.
Gate Checker Requirements:
- Experience using Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel and Legible Penmanship
- Very detail oriented --Verification errors can be costly!
- Experience with distribution paperwork A PLUS! (BOL's, pick tickets, pallet tags, etc).
- Capability of reading a ruler and construction material specs
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Compensation: $18+ (medical benefits, pto, and 401k @ time of hire)
Sound like the right job for you? Apply Today with your contact information or call us directly at 253.353.7700 to get more information.
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter with the TERRA Tukwila team. I am passionate about customer service, and the daily opportunities to connect the right client and candidate together. I love fostering amazing relationships that provide so many talented people new career adventures!