Hostler Truck Driver - Day And Night Shift
Posted April 9, 2021
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, 4/10's
Large distribution company in has immediate openings for Hostler Truck Drivers for on multiple shifts. This is a great opportunity for you to utilize your driving skills without the stress of long haul or even local delivery driving!
In this role you’ll be moving up to 70 trailers a day between multiple busy shipping yards, most located within the same mile stretch. You’ll be a crucial member of a team that supports distribution for one of the nation’s largest retailers. They are an essential business with stable work year round, and lots of overtime during the fall and winter seasons.
Hostler Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Moving or parking trailers from the yard
- Backing trailers in and out of bays
- Securing trailers and setting jacks with safety in mind
- Reorganizing trailers in yard as needed
- Moving trailers to and from their secondary yard that is a mile away (task for CDLA only)
This is a great opportunity for drivers that are looking for something easier than long haul or local delivery, or past CDLA drivers that want to utilize their experience without needing the license
What is great about this job:
- It is a temp-to-hire position with generous wage bonuses during peak seasons
- Earn an hourly wage, not having to be paid by the mile or move
- Overtime frequently available
- 12 hour shifts gives you lots of days off in your work week
- This will probably be the easiest CDLA job you’ve ever had!
COVID Safety Measures:
- Requiring face masks on site
- Restricting visitor access to the building
- Increased sanitation routines and social distancing
Day shift will range between 5:30am-5:30pm
Night shift will range between 5:30pm-5:30am
- Currently they are scheduling employees for four 10-hour shifts a week.
- There is increased overtime (and pay bonuses) during peak season.
- Schedules can be somewhat flexible during down seasons.
Hostler Truck Driver Requirements:
- Flexibility to work weekends if needed
- Reliable transportation – there is no bus access to this site
- Prior Hostler (Yard Driving) Driving 40-53 ft trucks
CDLA license a plus - and will be a higher pay rate
Pay: $20 - $22 an hour depending on experience and shift differentials.
Location: Sumner, WA
If you're interested in this Hostler Truck Driver position, apply today! You can also call 253.353.7700 to set up an interview.
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Staffing Specialist for the Tukwila team. Nothing pleases me more than seeing a candidate happy at their new job! I’ve worked with candidates in all stages of their career, with clients in many different industries, and I enjoy the challenge of finding them the right fit. In my free time, I love to curl up with a warm cup of coffee and lose myself in a good book.