Waste Management Recycling Sorter
Posted June 10, 2021
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, 5:00am - 3:30pm Wednesday thru Saturday OR Monday thru Thursday
Immediate full-time, temp-to-hire, day shift job opportunity with steady hours and weekly pay.
Waste Management, a leader in recycling and disposal solutions, is looking to add a Recycling Sorter to its team!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company that takes care of its employees, provides a safe working environment, and embraces culture and diversity in the workplace.
No experience necessary to be part of this team! This is an entry-level position.
All you need is a desire to learn and jump right in! AND you can start immediately after orientation!
Recycling Sorter Job Duties include:
- Frequent reaching and turning with occasional lifting up to 50lbs
- Sorting recycled material as it comes down a conveyor belt
In addition to personal safety you can expect to following procedures/requirements related to COVID-19 prevention:
- Temperature check prior to start of shift
- Masks required
- Extra eye protection required & provided
- Gloves provided
- Dedicated cleaning crew to continuously clean high touch areas
- Practicing 6 Feet Social Distancing Throughout Facility
- 5:00am - 3:30pm, Wednesday thru Saturday
- 5:00am - 3:30pm, Monday thru Thursday
Recycling Sorter Requirements:
- Steel-toed boots (Available for purchase in the Terra Staffing Group office)
- Reliable transportation (not bus accessible)
- ability to transfer to hundreds of Waste Management location nationwide
Location: Port of Tacoma
Transportation: This location is not bus accessible
Apply online to this Entry Level Recycling Sorter position today! Or feel free to apply by texting or calling 253-353-7000. We look forward to speaking with you!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Staffing Specialist for the TERRA Tacoma team. I enjoy that my position allows me to meet and interact with so many talented people. I love to make an impact in people’s lives and help them find the right position. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, watching my son play soccer and just relaxing.