Posted September 23, 2021
Full-time, Permanent, Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
If you are a Staff Accountant or Senior Accountant with 5+ years of experience in the engineering, architecture, consulting or construction industries, we have an exciting opportunity that might be a great "next step" in your career!
An established and growing environmental and engineering consulting firm in Seattle is adding a Senior Accountant to their leadership team.
The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and CFO of this established environmental consulting firm to lead the accounting operations team in financial reporting, accrual accounting, audit preparations, payroll and more.
This full-time, direct hire opportunity offers career growth, terrific benefits, and a collaborative, supportive team.
Based in Downtown Seattle for 20 years, this firm provides consulting services in support of land development, corporate real estate development and industrial facilities.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and other financial reports
- Ensure all journal entries, reconciliations, and month-end schedules are kept in audit ready condition
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Monthly and quarterly taxes and reporting
- Payroll support and review; expense report auditing
You'll be successful in this role if you're passionate about developing and leading team members and have an obsession with accuracy!
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Strong experience in General Ledger accounting, Journal Entries, reconciliations, etc.
- 5-8 years progressive accounting experience, well-versed in GAAP
- Experience working with Deltek Vision or Deltek VantagePoint accounting system
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accounting experience in an A/E consulting firm, or public accounting or government contracting a plus
Pay: $80K (+ DOE)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Rx Insurance plans, 100% employer paid
- Generous paid vacation and paid sick leave program
- Paid holidays
- 401K with employer match
- Life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance, 100% employer paid
Location: South Seattle on Harbor Island
- Lots of free parking!
If you are an experienced Staff Accountant or Senior Accountant looking for your next long-term career opportunity, apply now or call 206-453-2852 to schedule your interview today!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am Staffing Manager of TERRA's Seattle team. I have a passion for hospitality and customer service, and being in the staffing industry allows me to use those skills daily. It's truly a privilege to help our clients find just the right person for a job, as well as to help candidates leverage their skills and experience to find their perfect job. The proud mother of four fun and funny kids, my greatest pleasures in life come from spending time with friends and family. I love to laugh – and have the smile lines to show for it!