Posted September 27, 2021
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Monday - Friday 5:00AM - 1:30PM
Are you naturally an early bird that enjoys working with your hands and thrives in a positive and team oriented environment? If so, we have a great opportunity that gets you off by 1:30PM!
This company is North America’s largest manufacturer of insulation & geofoam and supplies product across the US and Southwest Canada. They have 9 locations nationwide and are currently looking to add a Material Handler to their Aurora team.
While a huge Company, the Aurora plant has a close-knit, family feel and a team culture where everyone supports each other and their success.
Material Handler Job Duties:
- Pushing/guiding bundles of foam on rollers to the end of the line, then lifting and moving the bundles to another area for forklift transport
- Regular use of pallet jack
- Working as a team to ensure no line stoppages, a clean work environment, and improving operations
You will be successful in this role if you are reliable, have a strong desire to learn and excel, aren’t afraid to jump in and take initiative, and are a team player.
We know you might have some questions about safety in regard to returning to on-site work. This employer is committed to workplace safety.
Material Handler Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to stand constantly and be in the same spot for up to an hour
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. individually and up to 100 lbs. as a tandem-lift
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM with potential OT opportunities as needs require
Location: North Aurora
Pay: $16/hour to start
- $.0.50 increase after 90 days once converted to permanent full-time
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Staffing Specialist for the TERRA Aurora team. I’ve always had a passion for customer service, and this job allows me to meet and interact with so many different people. What I love most about my job is finding people their dream jobs, it’s so empowering and rewarding! In my free time, you’ll find me indoor cycling, baking the next recipe on Pinterest, watching true crime shows or hiking in the mountains. I can’t wait to meet you!