Posted October 14, 2021
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, 6:00am-2:30pm or 3:30pm-12:00am
Give back to the community! A local company that processes commercial construction recycling is looking to hire multiple Full-Time Material Handlers
You will be offered a position with paid training, stability, and plenty of overtime (not mandatory)! As a Material Handler, you will be working on a close-knit team of individuals who's work positively impacts the environment!
If you are looking for upward mobility, this company continues to have massive growth and believes in internal promotions.
Material Handler Job Responsibilities:
- Sort materials (wood, metal, cardboard, etc.) safely from conveyor belt into the appropriate bin
- Work with a team to determine what is recyclable
- Perform general clean up as needed
- Assist other team members with heavy or bulky items when required
You’ll be successful in this position if you are eager to learn new skills- no experience necessary and give back to the community!
Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Day Shift: 6:00am-2:30pm
- Swing Shift: 3:30pm-12:00am
Material Handler Requirements:
- Ability to stand for the duration of shift (8-10 hours)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs consistently
- Steel toe boots (available for purchase from our TERRA offices)
- Work on a platform, about 8-10ft off the ground
- Day: $18/hr
- Swing: $18.50/hr
Benefits Upon Hire:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Company events (barbecues, employee appreciation parties, and more!)
Location: Tukwila, WA
If you are interested in this Material Handler position apply now or call 253-353-7700 to speak with the hiring manager!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a senior staffing specialist for the TERRA Tukwila team. I love talking with people and discovering their interests. The best part of my job is getting to know candidates on a personal level which helps to better understand their needs, and align the opportunities we have with what they are looking for to be successful.