Lead Logistics Coordinator
Posted October 14, 2021
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Day shift
If you have two years previous administrative experience in a logistics or distribution environment, this Lead Logistics Coordinator position may be the perfect fit for you! This full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity offers you the chance to take the next step in your career, manage a team, and provide support to the senior operations team of one of the leading distribution companies in the Pierce County area!
This company is a third party distributor for Target stores nationwide. They have been in business over 40 years and have grown substantially. In this role you’ll be providing support to the operations manager as well as assisting in training and developing a small team of warehouse coordinators in current operational requirements.
This is an active administrative role, you will spend 60-70% the day at a desk processing reports and doing administrative work, and the rest the day moving about the warehouse gathering paperwork, inspecting freight and processing claims, as well as training and monitoring the coordinator team.
- Analyze reports and coordinate with carriers, port authorities, terminal operators, and customers to ensure movements of customer goods are properly performed.
- Coordinate and monitor arrival of priority containers with dock supervisors, such as airfreight and special projects.
- Manage freight claims, record supporting documentation, and provide feedback to operation and customers.
- Oversee, audit, and help train warehouse administrative staff on proper procedure and documentation.
- Preparing summary reports for facility leadership, customers, and various internal departments.
If you enjoy working a support role in a logistics environment, and are looking for something with tons of potential for career growth, this could be a great fit for you.
- 2+ years administrative experience in the logistics, warehouse, or terminal operations industries
- Experience using Access, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of local harbor and carrier procedures
- Previous team lead or management experience is a huge plus!
Pay: $26.75 an hour
Benefits Upon Hire:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with a company match
- Annual bonus of up to 12% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more
Apply Today if you are interested in this Lead Logistics Coordinator opportunity!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Recruiter for the Tacoma team. Nothing pleases me more than seeing a candidate happy at their new job! I’ve worked with candidates in all stages of their career, with clients in many different industries, and I enjoy the challenge of finding them the right fit. In my free time, I love to curl up with a warm cup of coffee and lose myself in a good book.