Posted January 10, 2022
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Day and Night shifts available
Drive local, go home daily, no deliveries, no heavy lifting, day OR night shift, earning competitive pay and overtime for Yard Hostlers.
There are full-time jobs for Yard Hostlers on multiple shifts. It offers stable work year-round and lots of opportunities for overtime during the fall and winter seasons.
In this role you’ll be moving and parking trailers in their busy shipping yard, and supporting distribution efforts for one of the nation’s largest retailers. They move everything from clothing, accessories, and home goods. As a Yard Hostler you're a key part of keeping it moving!
Yard Hostler Responsibilities:
- Moving or parking trailers from the yard to shipping bays
- Backing trailers in and out of bays
- Securing trailers, doors, and setting jacks
- Reorganizing trailers in yard as needed
You will be successful in this role if you're skilled at and enjoy shuffling trailers!
Schedules: work schedules are 3-4 days a week
- Day shift: shift times range between 5:30am-5:30pm
- Night shift: shift times range between 5:30pm-5:30am
Increased overtime (and pay bonuses) during peak season. Schedules can be somewhat flexible during down seasons.
Yard Hostler Requirements:
- Prior Hostler (Yard Driving) Driving 40-53 ft trucks, or other significant truck-and-trailer driving experience
- Able to work weekends
Pay: current peak season pay rates
- $30.25 an hour
What is great about this job:
- It is a full time position with overtime, generous wage bonuses during peak seasons, and competitive base pay year round
- Earn an hourly wage, not having to be paid by the mile or move
- Overtime frequently available
- Shifts options give you 3 consecutive days off a week
- No more distance driving, or delivery work, or being stuck in traffic all day!
Location: Sumner, WA – Not bus accessible so you will need reliable transportation.
Interested in this Yard Hostler position? Apply today or call 253.568.8545 right away - ask for Sarah!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Recruiter for the Tacoma team. Nothing pleases me more than seeing a candidate happy at their new job! I’ve worked with candidates in all stages of their career, with clients in many different industries, and I enjoy the challenge of finding them the right fit. In my free time, I love to curl up with a warm cup of coffee and lose myself in a good book.