Quality Assurance Lead | Up To $26/hour |
Posted January 13, 2022
Full-time, Permanent, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Do you have a background in food science in a production environment? If so, your experience would translate well for a Quality Assurance Lead position in Preston, Washington.
This company offers full medical benefits, 3 weeks vacation and a bunch of other great benefits. They are one of the fastest growing manufacturing companies in the nation and produces a variety of beverages that are distributed across the nation, and have recently won a global award in their industry as company of the year. They have been growing since 2010 and want to offer a place for you to grow as well.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with a company that invests in their employees success. This role has a team setting, and has a variety of growth opportunities.
As a Quality Assurance Lead Responsibilities you will:
- Assist in maintaining and auditing the Food Safety/HACCP Programs
- Provide coaching and feedback to teammates to maintain established quality standards
- Manage inventory of lab and order supplies
- Assist in departmental training and ensure documentation is up to date.
- Provide coverage for vacation and sick absences for QA Batcher, QA Specialist and Lab Technicians. This may require working 2nd and/or 3rd shifts periodically.
- Oversee the plant SQF program to ensure the current level of certification is maintained and instrumental in the preparation of SQF audits.
- Conduct annual re-assessments of the SQF manual and all supporting information including validation of all work instructions.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Quality Assurance Lead Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to accommodate overtime, occasionally working other shifts and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs. occasionally, as well as to push and pull up to 100 lbs. regularly
Benefits upon hire:
- 401(k)-immediate vesting
- Life Insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- 6 weeks of Parental leave
- Onsite gym
- Free healthy snacks always available!
Pay: up to $26/hour, DOE
Location: Preston, WA (not bus
Interested in this Quality Assurance Lead position? Apply now or call 206-453-2852 to schedule your interview today!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Recruiter for the TERRA Kirkland team. I love that I get to meet such a variety of candidates with unique skills and abilities and that I get to help them be the obvious choice for potential employers. The constant piecing together of the puzzle is such an exciting and rewarding challenge!