Posted September 8, 2022
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, flexible
Are you looking for an opportunity to begin a career with an essential and rapidly growing business? A local company that processes commercial recycling is looking to add a Commercial Recycling Sorter to their team.
This is an entry-level, temp-to-hire position with many opportunities for advancement and great benefits when hired!
No previous experience required!
This local company strives to keep everything possible out of landfills. They also regularly offer barbecues and employee appreciation events.
As a Commercial Recycling Sorter, you will be working on a team that works closely together and get to see how the work you are doing is having a positive impact on the environment!
Commercial Recycling Sorter Responsibilities:
- Sort materials (wood, metal, cardboard, etc.) safely into appropriate bin
- Work with a team to determine what is recyclable
- Perform general clean up
- Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky items
You will be successful in this role if you love being active on the job, and are comfortable lifting up to 50lbs consistently.
Commercial Recycling Sorter Requirements:
- Ability to stand for duration of shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs consistently
- Steel toe boots (available for purchase from our TERRA offices)
Benefits upon hire:
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Medical, dental, vision
- Employer paid life insurance
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Company events (barbecues, employee appreciation parties, and more!)
Pay: $18.50/hr for day shift, $19.50/hr for night shift
- Day Shift: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm
- Night Shift: Monday-Friday 6pm-2:30am
Location: Port of Tacoma
Apply now or call 253-353-7700 to schedule your interview today!
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am an Onsite Supervisor for TERRA’s Tacoma team. I believe the right job can change a person’s life. I love connecting local people and a thriving business with new opportunities to shine! My favorite part of my job is giving people a chance to change their lives for the better and helping them create their success story.