Inkjet Web Press Operator | Fri - Sun Only 5a-5p | $20 Per Hour
Posted September 20, 2022
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Fri - Sun 5a-5p
Looking for a seasonal production opportunity where you can grow your leadership skills?
A local digital printing company is currently looking for an experienced Inkjet Web Press Operator to join their team for the holiday season!
This is a full-time, 36-hour, 3-day workweek seasonal position that ends December 31st.
This company is a nationwide print production company that specializes in retail marketing, holiday products, yearbooks, photographs, greeting cards and more!
It's a great opportunity that looks excellent on a resume. And you can build your skills and make extra income leading up to the holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities of Position:
- Run the Digital Inkjet Web Press for processing.
- Check equipment for acceptable quality production.
- Inspect produced orders for spots, dots, scratches, streaks, miss-registration, and poor color.
- Operators are expected to fill out all the required paperwork.
- Inspect Operator’s log sheets for errors.
- Report any quality or productivity concerns to your Supervisor.
- Ensure that orders are loaded and staged correctly. Check stacking and staging of products to ensure they are stacked in date rotation and by-product types.
- Complete end of shift paperwork and housekeeping assignments.
- Review with supervisor daily events and recommendations for improvements.
- Review with the Operators their end of shift paperwork and housekeeping.
- Review hourly productivity and quality data with your supervisor
- Oversee and report any quality or productivity concerns to supervisor
- Manage and replenish substrates and supplies regularly
- Maintain a neat and safe workplace
- Crosstrain on learning the batch management controller process to assist as needed
- Ensure safety in operations
- Any other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong desire to help and take ownership on seeing things through
- Curiosity with a desire to always learn more, including strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communication, both written and verbally
- Ability to troubleshoot basic and routine manufacturing issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Willingness to learn and be trained in different aspects of department and machinery
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Reading, writing and math skills equivalent to a HS Diploma or GED.
- Understand basic manufacturing process
- Able to work with multiple priorities and people
- Maintain inventory storage in a clean, orderly manner
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to professionally communicate and work with others
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, grasp and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs+
- Ability to work overtime hours including weekend hours as needed to meet customer needs required
- 3 years experience as a digital printing press operator required
- Must be able to work with computers and be comfortable with all aspects of machinery
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and possess valid documentation at time of offer
- 2-3 years Machine operation experience including set up; maintenance and troubleshooting automated machines
- Printing experience with previous operation of large format multi-color process printing
- Previous experience with computers in an IT compacity
- Degree or apprenticeship in press operation, mechatronics, mechanics, or other technical trade involving automated equipment
Schedule: 5am - 5pm 3 days per week | Fri, Sat and Sun.
- Attendance: must be available to work all days through September 23rd - December 31st, including Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Location: South Phoenix, must have reliable, personal transportation
Interested in this Seasonal Inkjet Lead position? Apply today with a resume! Or, call us at (480) 739-9321 to learn more about this opportunity.
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Staffing Specialist for the TERRA Mesa team. I take pride in knowing I am an asset to our community through TERRA Staffing Group. My goal is to build strong, long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with candidates and clients alike.