Posted November 21, 2022
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
If you're looking for a full-time, temp-to-hire machine operator role, this is just the company for you! This is a locally started (now global) company who is looking for a warehouse associate to join their team. It is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to for a independent position where they can expand and refine their skillset.
This is a locally started company that has gone global after supplying millions with recycled paper products such as toilet paper, paper plates and bowls, and cardboard. The company has shown that is willing to build and expand the skillset of all employees regardless of their experience coming in. Additionally, they love to promote individuals and help them grow within the company.
The majority of individuals that have been placed out there testify that it is the job's atmosphere that keeps them coming back to work.
Machine Operator Responsibilities: You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Ability to ask for & follow instructions, as well as follow all safety procedures
- Take ownership of assigned tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Operate paper extrusion machines for paper to be made into food grade packaging
- Identify defects in product & mark accordingly for removal
- Assure quality of final product to ensure it meets client specifications
- Adjust machine settings as needed
- Clean, sweep, and dispose of scrap paper to ensure the facility is kept clean
This facility works with food grade items, it is the responsibility off all employees to keep the facility clean as well as maintain the appearance of the production site.
Machine Operator Requirements:
- 6+ months of Warehouse Experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently
- Ability to stand for the entire duration of your shift, up to 8-10 hours
- Day shift: Monday – Friday / 7:00AM-3:30PM
Reasons to Apply:
- Learn a unique trade skill
- Consistent, full-time hours each week
- Opportunities for overtime pay
- Earn a steady, weekly income
Benefits offered by TERRA to employees on temp or temp-to-hire assignments:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Virtual Care
- Life, Critical illness, Accident, Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Membership Discount
- 6 Paid Holidays*
Location: Port of Tacoma – Unfortunately this location is not bus accessible, reliable transportation is required.
If you are interested in this machine operator position, apply now or call 253-353-7700 to connect with our team right away!Apply
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Staffing Specialist for the TERRA Tacoma branch! Every day I challenge myself to find all our candidates a long-term fit because nothing brings me more satisfaction than watching our employees absolutely flourish in and out of the workplace.