Entry-Level Mechanical Technical Writer - Remote
Posted February 3, 2023
Full-time, Permanent, Flexible Day Shift
Are you an experienced technician or mechanic looking to move into a remote office position? An expert technical writing company is looking to add a full-time, permanent, Technical Writer to their growing team!
No technical writing experience needed!
This company offers technical writing, illustrating, and consulting for many industries including aerospace and transportation. They provide help to companies that need documentation assistance and management.
This is a remote position where you’ll take your mechanical aptitude and use it to help create documents for industrial and manufacturing companies around the US. This is a perfect role for an individual with technician or mechanic experience looking to transition into an office role with a long-term, stable company.
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Research, review, and comprehend manufacturing documentation, drawings, specifications, schematics, diagrams, etc for customers.
- Interpret complex systems and how they are to be integrated into technical manuals.
- Develop maintenance procedures and diagrams based on customer’s needs and requirements.
- Meet writing schedules and deadlines.
You will be successful in this role if you if have a hand on mechanical experience and like working in a team environment.
Schedule: Flexible day shift hours with remote capabilities.
Technical Writer Qualifications:
- Over 3 year of mechanical experience; recent technician, maintenance, or mechanic experience.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment, repairs, or manufacturing machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint, schematics, drawings, etc.
- Experience using general MS Office products .
Compensation: $25-35/hour, depending on experience
- Medical and Dental.
- 401K with a match
- PTO and paid holidays.
Location: Remote - can work anywhere within the US.
Interviews are happening now! Apply now or call 425-249-3012 to schedule your interview today!Apply
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Senior Recruiter for TERRA's Technical team. The greatest thing about being a Recruiter at TERRA is that we truly believe in creating success stories and bettering people’s lives! I love meeting new people and taking on new challenges, and I‘m fortunate that I get the opportunity to work with a great and talented team.