Aerospace Engineering Manager
Posted April 11, 2023
Full-time, Permanent, Mon - Fri 7:30AM- 4:30PM
Exciting opportunity to be a key part of expanding human life into outer space and establishing a new reality where the Earth and Moon are part of one ecosystem!
An amazing Aerospace company changing the way life will exist in space is looking to add a Hardware Engineering Manager to its Space Vehicle Team. While you will be an instrumental member of a small team in the US, you will join an international team of engineers and be expected to work with colleagues from around the world.
As the Aerospace Hardware Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of Engineers in the development of structures, mechanisms, and propulsion systems for a commercial lunar lander.
You will also lead the team through design, analysis, and development/qualification testing. Your leadership and technical guidance will enable the lander to begin building a path to a sustainable lunar scientific and commercial economy. This position will report to the Director of Engineering.
Hardware Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities
- Manage a team of diverse engineering disciplines in converting vehicle system level requirements into a flightworthy spacecraft
- Responsible for providing oversight and approval of all technical aspects of the lander’s propulsion system, structure, and mechanism from concept to qualification testing
- Provide guidance on mechanical design, material selection, liquid rocket propulsion systems and fabrication processes for vehicle hardware
- Responsible for leading and developing the hiring and mentoring of engineering staff
- Interface with Flight Hardware Team in the integrated electrical, software and GNC aspects of the vehicle
- Collaborate with design team to weight optimize vehicle components through iterative design/analysis cycles
- Support Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Quality Assurance (QA) by being the point of contact for technical questions
Hardware Engineering Manager Required Skills / Experience
- Aerospace Engineering experience in space applications, propulsion, or fluid dynamics
- Proven track record of leading design and analysis from concept through fabrication, testing and integration, and completion
- Familiarity with project management tools
Pay: $160k+ DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision 100% covered for employee
- 401K w/match,
- Life Insurance,
- Vacation and Holiday
Location: Denver, CO
Apply online for this Aerospace Engineering Manager role or email resume to [email protected]
Job Is Filled
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am an Account Manager for the TERRA Technical Division. I come from an extensive background in management and customer service. The best part of my job is building and growing relationships with new individuals, while helping them become the best version of themselves. In my free time, I love traveling and learning about other cultures.