Director Of Product Development
Posted May 15, 2023
Full-time, Permanent, Mon - Fri 8:00AM- 5:00PM
This is your chance to join an award-winning company whose mission is to help children at every skill level develop their unique gifts using the power of play.
The company has earned more than 200 awards from leading organizations in
the world of play, education and parenting and the demand and need for their
games has never been stronger as parents find themselves balancing the role of
parent and educator.
The Director of Product Development will be responsible end to end for the full product development and production cycle. This includes the selection of products to be produced, materials standards, development of the product including playtesting, licensing, and management of design and production team staff.
Director of Product Development Essential Functions include:
- Develop strategic plan for the department including sensitivity analysis on growth targets and their impact on reprints and production, gaps in product segments
- Identify opportunities for product line expansion to improve delivery of the brands overall goals to serve the ‘educational board games’ market segment for families
- Lead the internal and external design teams including contractors to meet specific goals, development timelines and content standards
- Manage playtesting of product proto-types and other methods to evaluate proto-types under consideration or in development
- Provide oversight of sourcing and production to meet testing standards and material preferences while managing to gross margin and quality targets
- Build relationships with international designers and game developers
- Manage the current licensing relationships including contract negotiation and monitoring
- Responsible for inventory re-order process including any needed re-design of existing products resulting from customer feedback.
You will be an integral part of the senior management team report to the CEO and work in a collaborative environment with multiple business departments. To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter and able to manage your workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. An interest in tabletop games and children’s education would be ideal.
Director of Product Development Skills and Experience Required:
- 10 years product development experience in a management role preferably in a toy or game company with educational focus
- BA or equivalent degree, and knowledge of US ASTM Testing Standards
- Proven experience in handling international vendor and supplier relationships specifically in China and Europe
- Experience in working with molded plastics, paper, and wood components
- Avid game player with solid understanding of game mechanics
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, moving between high level planning and daily execution of tasks
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM
Salary: $175K+ DOE
Location: Bellevue, WA
If you are interested in this Director of Product Development role, please apply online today, or send your resume to [email protected]
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am an Account Manager for the TERRA Technical Division. I come from an extensive background in management and customer service. The best part of my job is building and growing relationships with new individuals, while helping them become the best version of themselves. In my free time, I love traveling and learning about other cultures.