Posted May 22, 2023
Full-time, Permanent, Mon - Fri 6AM- 3PM
Are you a Quality Engineer with an interest in Manufacturing Health and Safety? A world-famous manufacturer is the Gresham area is looking to add a Quality Engineer to its Safety Team. This is an exciting role working in a budding industry with new processes which offers the opportunity to make a large positive impact.
For over 50 years this brand has changed the diamond and gem industry in monumental ways. Focusing on developing the diamond synthesis process to enable innovative synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide solutions in a long-term sustainable way.
As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for designing, sustaining, and improving quality systems. You will need to be a leader and collaborator, working closely with management, engineers, and technicians, while being a key contributor to the activities of the engineering teams to drive quality and safety.?
The role will report to the Process Engineering Manager.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead audits of the management systems
- Facilitate continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Participate in root cause analyses and implement corrective actions
- Analyze production and quality data to drive decision making
- Monitor processes using SPC (statistical process control)
- Write/update work instructions, procedures, and process specifications
- Report environmental and safety performance
- Facilitate site safety orientation for new starters
- Train staff
Quality Engineer Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering field
- 1+ year of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
- Experience working with Lean manufacturing principles
- Statistical analysis
- Quality tools (SPC, FMEA, RCA, gage R&R, process capability analysis)
Salary: $80K+ DOE
- Choice of excellent health plans starting day 1
- Dental and vision plans
- 401k plan and safe harbor with company match up to 6%
- Annual bonus
- 4 weeks PTO + 42 Hours Sick Time
Location: Gresham, ORTo apply for the Quality Engineer role please apply here, or send your resume to [email protected]?
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am an Account Manager for the TERRA Technical Division. I come from an extensive background in management and customer service. The best part of my job is building and growing relationships with new individuals, while helping them become the best version of themselves. In my free time, I love traveling and learning about other cultures.