Night Shift Trailer Mechanic | $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Posted September 8, 2023
Full-time, Permanent, Monday - Friday, 4pm - 1am
If you're a night owl and have least one year of experience as a truck or trailer mechanic, this is a great position to grow your career.
One of the largest family-owned distributors of fresh produce, grocery, and food service products across the Pacific Northwest is a Trailer Mechanic to their night shift team!
It's a full-time, direct-hire job that offers great benefits and a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
As part of their team, you'll diagnose and repair class 8 trucks and trailers and road test vehicles. And as you gain skills, you may take on more specialized tasks such as engine repair or transmission work.
This is a great opportunity to join a team-oriented company that provides learning and advancement opportunities to their employees!
Trailer Mechanic Job Duties:
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair class 8 trucks and trailers
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions and ensure they are working properly
- Inspect and replace worn brake components
- Change oil, replace filters, rotate tires, and inspect brake systems
Trailer Mechanic Requirements:
- 1 year of experience working on over-the-road trucks and/or trailers
- 1 year of recent work history at the same company
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions
- Valid driver’s license
- Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat, lift up to 75 lbs., push, climb, and lie on back in a horizontal position for prolonged periods of time
Pay: $28-$30/hr. depending on experience
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 4pm-1am
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Medical & Dental insurance through Kaiser
- PTO accruals begin on the first day of employment
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Location: N.E. Portland
If this Trailer Mechanic job sounds like the right fit, please apply now or call 360-713-9200 to schedule your interview today!Apply
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Senior Recruiter for the TERRA Vancouver team. I love meeting new people every day and am excited to bring the right clients and candidates together. But the best part of my job is giving so many wonderful and talented people a chance to shine!