Welder | Growth Opportunities | Built-In Overtime
Posted November 30, 2023
Full-time, Permanent, Monday-Friday, 6am-2:30pm
If you have 3 years of experience working in a fabrication environment, then this Welding job with a leading military asset protection company could be a great fit for you!
It's a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a company that offers a a "trade style" career path working alongside some the most experienced people in the industry
This company specializes transforming semi trucks, trailers and vehicles into military grade security equipment. When you're transporting highly valuable assets and need protection at the highest level, this is how it's done.
This is a full-time, temporary-to-hire job that requires weekly overtime and offers double overtime pay after 48 hours.
They offer great benefits upon permanent hire, their facility is new, and their work environment that is focused on training and developing, team work, and rewarding a job well done! You have the opportunity to learn long-lasting valuable skills.
Welder Job Duties:
- Use and read dial calipers, tape measures, and protractors.
- Using variety of hand and power tools regularly for duration of shift
- Follow workflow instructions with multi step processes
- Desire to learn and develop skills with provided training
This is a great opportunity for someone who would enjoy building or working on large industrial vehicles using power tools regularly and desires to be in a labor intensive learning environment.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm with daily overtime required as needed
- 40-50+hrs/week - Mandatory daily overtime and Saturday's as needed
- OT is paid out at 1.5 times for all hours over 40
- OT is paid out at 2.0 times for all hours over 48
Welder Technician Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years working in a fabrication environment
- Grind metal in terms of prep work or deburr according to instructions
- Strong knowledge of measurements and basic weld symbols
- Some basic knowledge of welding/formal training - GMAW and FCAW
- Working in warm temperatures doing labor intensive work
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Stand, kneel, bend, reach for duration of shift
Benefits upon permanent hire:
- Dental and Vision
- Holiday Pay
Location: Chandler, AZ - Kyrene Rd and 202 Freeway (must have own transportation)
If you are ready to take the next or first step in your career as a Welder Technician apply now or call: 480-750-7272
Search more jobs
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Senior Staffing Specialist for the TERRA Mesa team. I take pride in knowing I am an asset to our community through TERRA Staffing Group. My goal is to build strong, long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with candidates and clients alike.