Warehouse Sales Assistant
Posted June 12, 2019
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Do you pride yourself on your customer service skills? Are you experienced in warehouse inventory? If the answer is yes then apply today!
Terra Staffing is working with a company in Ballard that specializes in providing technical solutions and advice for customers in the aerospace, marine, and manufacturing industries.The company prides themselves on outstanding service technical know-how, and best-in-class product lines.
The Warehouse Sales Associate is responsible for supporting all aspects of the branch operations from product handling to maintaining inventory, along with customer service for both walk in and phone/electronic sales in a friendly, fast-paced team environment.
- Ensure that the highest level of customer service and ethics are followed.
- Address and resolve all customer requests and/or complaints utilizing a positive, creative approach.
- Assist customers and respond to inquiries in a timely manner with good selling skills.
- Provide customer support with technical product information.
- Generate and maintain accurate required documentation.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer based on current inventory levels, supplier availability and/or production schedule.
- Make outbound lead follow up to potential and existing customers utilizing various methods including: phone, email, mail and fax.
- Participate in required product training to build required product knowledge.
- Collaborate with all appropriate departments and personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
- Receive products, including unloading, verifying & receiving into system.
- Allocate, distribute, pull/pick product in proper location.
- Package and stage materials or products for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
- Ship products utilizing various methods from national carriers to customer vehicles.
- Assist with inventory control and cycle counting.
- Administer quality control, insuring damaged product is not received or sent.
- Assembly production involving building small to large hoses, operating swagers, etc.
- Fabrication and use of complex machinery for kitting manufacturing may be required.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 1 year inventory or warehouse experience, preferably in industrial distribution
- Basic computer skills including use of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Experience with Epicor Prophet 21 a plus.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide required.
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with industrial distribution, preferably fluid power components preferred.
- Mechanical background and forklift certification (applicable state certification) are a plus.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people and personalities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Job requires frequent lifting up to 70 pounds, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling, constantly walking/standing on cement flooring and climbing ladders as needed. Work environment may vary including: warehouse containing moving equipment, fluctuating temperature and inventory in various storage arrangements, office work, manufacturing, machine shops, agricultural operations, and any other specific business operations of current or potential customers.
The physical demands and work environment reflected are representative of those encountered by employees when performing the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Pay is $18/hr
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
About Your Recruiter
I am a recruiter for the TERRA Seattle team. What excites me most about my job is the fact that I help facilitate the success of our candidates by connecting them with the right opportunities. Being a recruiter allows me to be my best self, and I look forward to helping others be their best selves, too!