Entry Level Assembler - Swing Shift
Posted August 13, 2019
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Monday - Friday, 4:00pm - 2:30am
If you're looking for a job that keeps you physically active and you are comfortable lifting 50+ pounds repeatedly, we have an exciting entry-level assembly role for you.
A booming manufacturer, responsible for assembling/producing switches and valves for large engines and motors in semi-trucks, is looking to add to its swing shift assembly team.
As an assembler, you’ll be assembling the parts to build brake and fuel systems, air management parts and seat controls in Class 8 Trucks.
Additional Assembly Job Duties:
- Load and unload machines to perform operational tasks on the production line
- Read charts and other specifications for assembly instruction
- Use hand or power tools to fasten components like bolts, nails or screws
- Inspect, test and provide final quality check on assembled parts before shipment
- Clean parts by stirring ball bearings in washer & solution.
This is a full-time, temp-to-hire assembly role, and you will be working on a small team of 3-5 people and rotated into different stations every two hours. One of the great things about this role is that you can listen to music in one ear and some work-stations give you the option to sit while you work.
This company is constantly on the lookout for enthusiastic people who want to be part of a great team. While previous experience is a plus, it really isn't necessary if you have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about their industry.
The job can be physically demanding, however, so being able to lift and perform the required job duties comfortably will be key to success in the role.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds repetitively
- Comfortable standing for up to 10 hours
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Steel-toed or composite shoes or boots necessary
- 1 year of previous experience in similar industry is a plus!
Swing Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday, 4:00pm-12:30am, and some occasional overtime
- Flexibility to work mandatory overtime on an occasional Saturdays required
Pay: $13/hour (You will get paid weekly. Pay day is every Friday.)
Benefits upon conversion:
- Annual safety shoe allowance
Location: Auburn. Reliable vehicle necessary, not easily accessible by public transit.
Apply now for this Entry-Level Assembly position! Call 253-248-6333 to schedule an interview right away. Ask for Teresa!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to learn more or earn more, a career opportunity or a great temporary assignment, TERRA's team of professional recruiters are able to put you in a position to win. We know the local job market and we can be your personal guide to new opportunities.
I have had a great experience with TERRA. They found me a job very quickly. One that is a wonderful fit for both my experience and for me personality wise. I am so grateful to be back to work after looking for a job for over a year on my own – TERRA Staffing found me one in a week!