Posted January 14, 2020
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, Day Shift
Do you have at least 3 years of experience as a press operator and are looking for steady work with an established company? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you.
A printing company that has been in business for over 60 years is continuing to grow and looking for a skilled Press Operator. They currently have first shift openings in their printing department that offers full time hours on a set schedule.
This company creates the printed materials that companies use for packaging - you've probably seen their work on store shelves.
The Press Operator is responsible for the set up and efficient operation of sheet fed press, ensuring on-time, high quality and quantity of production on the press crew.
This is a full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity.
Press Operator Responsibilities:
- Setup, configure, and operate the sheet feed press to produce high quality print products.
- Examine job orders to determine the quantity to be printed, stock specifications, color(s) and special printing instructions.
- Ensure Press Crew prepares Press Machine for the next job once current job is complete.
- Monitor Press Cycle and performance, ensuring optimum press performance and job quantity reporting along, with defect and quality checks.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents etc…
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order and is free of safety hazards.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
Press Operator Qualifications:
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as a Press Operator
- Able to read and comprehend job assignment tickets and customer instructional specifications.
- Mechanically inclined and production oriented.
- I.T./Computer Literate.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
Schedule: 6am - 2pm
Location: Renton, WA (it is easily accessible with parking and has bus access)
Looking to excel in the Print Industry we would love to hear from you. Apply today for this Press Operator position!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am Staffing Specialist for the TERRA Tukwila team. I enjoy helping job seekers find the right fit and creating success stories. Being part of the candidate’s journey, supporting them along the way, and matching them to great companies they can grow with is very rewarding. The best part of the job is when an employee personally thanks you for helping them find a job they love.