IT Support Specialist
Posted January 23, 2020
Full-time, Permanent, Between 6am and 6pm, Exact time TBD
Do you love the Internet, computers, technology, and/or all of the above? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a big impact on an organization, with opportunities to grow your experience and expand your responsibilities? This could be a great next step for you!
TERRA Staffing Group, a top recruitment firm headquartered in the Pacific Northwest, is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist to add to its growing IT department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a solution-minded individual who gets excited about technology and who can share that excitement not only with the team, but by helping all employees company-wide.
Our IT and support team are laser focused on our company operations and support our employees across the country. We are fun, like to keep it positive and enjoy making people’s lives easier.
IT Support Specialist duties include (but are not limited to):
- Provide first-tier technical support service to employees, clients and customers, with many of them located in remote offices.
- Respond to Service Desk tickets according to our SLA.
- Follow existing IT help procedures and document procedures where no documentation exists.
- Configure, troubleshoot and repair PC workstation hardware and software, general network and Internet connectivity issues, general phone connectivity, voicemail and mobile devices.
- Setup new user accounts, workstations, phones, computers, printers and other technical devices
The Right Fit
You will find success in this role if you are comfortable working in a team environment that can have changing priorities and interruptions throughout the day. Communication, sharing and learning is a big part of TERRA’s culture, and being able to collaborate is going to play a big part in your success.
Patience, punctuality, along with the ability to embrace new ideas and ability to prioritize requests from different people will help you go far.
And, of course, If you love all things technology – maybe even dabble in some coding! – you will love this job.
IT Support Specialist Requirements:
- AA degree with an IT-related internship or emphasis, or a High School diploma and 1-year experience in an IT support role (Can include experience during high school in structured programs).
- Ability to pass a basic computer and Internet knowledge test
- Solid knowledge of PC hardware, mobile devices, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 and MS Office.
- Understanding of LANs, network protocols, IP addressing, and remote connectivity.
- Experience performing hardware and software upgrades.
- Ability to lift 10lbs frequently, 30lbs on occasion, and bulky 60lbs items with help (30lbs each).
Schedule: 8 hours with 1-hour lunch, weekdays between 6AM and 6PM (exact schedule TBD). Low to no overtime, pre-approved and pre-scheduled
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K with generous match, 8 paid holidays, paid community service option, 3 weeks of parental leave and 3 weeks of PTO, of which 1 week is immediately available with no wait!
Location: Everett, WA, with the need to drive to an office location in the Everett/Seattle/Tacoma area on rare occasions
About TERRA Staffing Group
Named to ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing® list eight years running, TERRA Staffing Group is one of most respected staffing and recruitment firms in the country. We currently rank in the top 2% of staffing firms nation-wide, significantly exceeding the industry average.
If you are interested in joining an award-winning company that is making a big impact on a growing industry, we would love to hear from you.
Please call 425-355-7223 to learn more about our IT Support Specialist role!
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to learn more or earn more, a career opportunity or a great temporary assignment, TERRA's team of professional recruiters are able to put you in a position to win. We know the local job market and we can be your personal guide to new opportunities.
Very helpful, considerate staff. They got me employment right away. And when that company did a complete staffing lay off, I was given another job assignment right away with a very great company that is already telling me they will hire me on full-time.