Entry Level Machine Operator - Swing And Nights
Posted February 7, 2020
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, All Shifts Available
If you are looking to build your manufacturing skills, we have a great entry-level machine operator position that could be the right fit for you.
A company known for manufacturing plastic food bags for various vegetables and breads you commonly see at your local grocery store is currently looking to grow it machine operator team.
No previous machine operator experience is needed – they will provide you with paid on-the- training on anything you need to know!
This is a full-time, temp-to-hire position and a fantastic way to kick off a skilled manufacturing career. Openings are currently on Day and Night Shifts.
As a Machine Operator, your responsibilities would include:
- Using a tape measure to measure the finished bags coming out of the machine
- Recording the measurements on a data sheet
- Loading new plastic bag rolls onto the machine
Reasons to apply:
- Paid breaks (Take your lunch and two, 10-minute breaks and get paid while you do it!)
- Opportunity to join a union
- Earn $1.50 pay bump when hired by employer (due to joining a union)
- Full-time hours and steady schedule
- Paid on-the-job training
- Work for a company that wants you to succeed and sets you up for success
- Get paid weekly
You will be successful in this machine operator role if you:
- Are comfortable standing for the duration of your shift
- Know how to use a ruler/measuring tape and use basic math
- Have strong attention to detail
- Are able to follow food GMPs (General Manufacturing Practices), which include wearing a hair net
Schedule Options: Swing or Night
- Day: 6 am-2 pm, Monday-Friday
- Swing: 2 pm-10 pm Monday-Friday
- Grave: 10 pm-6 am Sunday-Thursday
- Day: $15.08/hr
- Swing: $15.40/hr
- Night: $15.71/hr
Location: Vancouver, WA
Apply online if you are interested in this Machine Operator position. Or call 503-946-3874 to schedule an interview right away.
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Recruiter for the TERRA Vancouver Team. I love working with a variety of people from different backgrounds and experiences, learning about their passions and matching them to the perfect job!