Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Posted February 13, 2020
Full-time, Temporary, M-F, 5:00am-1:30pm
If you have experience in warehouse operations or inventory control, we have an opportunity for you! We’re working with an established company in Seattle’s Columbia City neighborhood and they are looking for people with your skill set to join their team as a Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
The company utilizes innovative technology, streamlined operations and a global network of facilities to re-imagine the world’s food supply chain by preserving, protecting, and optimizing the distribution of food.
As a Shipping/Receiving Clerk, you will be responsible for stocking received items and filling customer orders to be shipped. Additionally, the Shipping/Receiving Clerk will verify inventory and visually inspect shipments for quality.
Additional Inventory Control Clerk job duties include:
- Reads and follows computerized work orders to determine quantities and types of products to be shipped
- Identifies products requested in work orders through reading, interpreting, and scanning pallet identification (PID) numbers; locates requested items in warehouse
- Changes over pallets for picking, visually inspects items for damages or flaws; documents and reports damages to supervisors or leads
- Packs, seals and labels materials/pallets for shipping using hand or power tools
- Documents and verifies counts of picked items through handheld computers; alerts supervisors/inventory control to the issue and awaits further directions for rectifying the problem
- Helps other warehouse personnel at end of shift with putting away/organizing warehouse
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a warehouse environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to read and speak English
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Fast paced office setting connected to a warehouse & food manufacturing environment
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicating with a variety of people and personalities
- The warehouse itself is a cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below in certain areas). Noise level in the warehouse varies and at times and can be loud
Pay: $16.39/hr. Get paid every Friday!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 5:00am – 1:30pm
South Seattle location: Free parking and bus
If you pride yourself on providing excellent customer service and on your strong attention to detail, then you have what it takes to be a successful Inventory Control Clerk!
Apply online today. Or you can call or text Lamar at 206-405-3300 to schedule an interview right away.
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am a Recruiter for the Seattle team. Every day I look forward to the responsibility that I have to our clients and candidates to find the solutions to their unique employment requirements. I especially enjoy all the opportunities this job affords to meet new people and make meaningful connections.