Machine Maintenance Mechanic
Posted August 13, 2020
Full-time, Permanent, Swing, Overnight and Weekend Shifts Available
Amazing opportunity for candidates who have experience doing preventive maintenance and repairs on industrial machinery, autos, or HVAC systems! This is a direct hire opportunity to join an established Seattle-based manufacturer of award-winning apparel and technical gear for outdoor sports.
An industry leader for nearly 40 years, this company has added a brand new production line manufacturing cut and sewn masks and medical grade masks to protect our communities. The demand for these products is phenomenal and has created several openings for experienced Machine Maintenance Mechanics!
The Machine Maintenance Mechanic will work as an integral part of the team to ensure that all machines in the operation perform as needed to meet the needs of the business.
Machine Maintenance Mechanic responsibilities:
- Assemble, maintain and repair automated machines of all types
- Work closely with engineering team to design and build custom machines and machine parts
- Work with production team and managers to ensure that a high level of customer service is always given
- Perform periodic maintenance, needed repairs and rebuilds on all designated machines
- Order and neatly maintain parts for all aspects of machines
PAY: $26/hr plus terrific benefits - health insurance, 10 paid holidays, 401K, transportation benefits and product discounts!
LOCATION: Seattle in the SoDo District - free parking! (Reliable transportation required for some shifts).
SCHEDULE: Now Hiring for the following shifts:
- Second shift: Monday - Friday, 2:45 pm – 11:30 pm
- Third Shift: Monday - Thursday, 10:45 pm – 7:00 am
- Weekend shift 1: Saturday - Sunday, 7 am – 7:30 pm
- Weekend shift 2: Friday 11 pm - 7:30 am, and Saturday - Sunday, 7 pm - 7:30 am
This role could see some weekend and overtime hours, too.
SAFETY: We know you might have some questions about safety in regard to returning to on-site work. This employer is committed to workplace safety.
Here are some of the safety measures they have in place to help protect their employees:
- All employees wear masks while working and in the common areas (provided by employer)
- They are adhering to social distancing standards
- Workplace cleaning and sanitizing occurs multiple times daily
- Limiting number of people on each floor and in the building
- 5+ years with machine repair and maintenance in a manufacturing, automotive and/or HVAC environment
- Ability to diagnose and repair equipment of all kinds, including automated production machine, conveyors, sensors, control software.
- Ability to find and repair electrical issues, including low voltage
- Experience working with PLC controllers .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to explain complex information in easy to understand terms.
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Your Recruiter
I am Staffing Manager of TERRA's Seattle team. I have a passion for hospitality and customer service, and being in the staffing industry allows me to use those skills daily. It's truly a privilege to help our clients find just the right person for a job, as well as to help candidates leverage their skills and experience to find their perfect job. The proud mother of four fun and funny kids, my greatest pleasures in life come from spending time with friends and family. I love to laugh – and have the smile lines to show for it!