Posted August 10, 2020
Full-time, Temporary to Hire, 5:00AM - 1:30PM
Are you a reliable, hard-working individual looking for an opportunity with a large manufacturing company? If so, we have a great full-time, temporary to hire opportunity for you that offers an awesome schedule, and a team-oriented atmosphere!
This company is North America’s largest manufacturer of insulation & geofoam and supplies product across the US and Southwest Canada. They have 9 locations nationwide and are currently looking to add a Material Handler to their Aurora team.
While a huge Company, the Aurora plant has a close-knit, family feel and a team culture where everyone supports each other and their success.
Material Handler Job Duties:
- Pushing/guiding bundles of foam on rollers to the end of the line, then lifting and moving the bundles to another area for forklift transport
- Regular use of pallet jack
- Working as a team to ensure no line stoppages, a clean work environment, and improving operations
You will be successful in this role if you are reliable, have a strong desire to learn and excel, aren’t afraid to jump in and take initiative, and are a team player.
We know you might have some questions about safety in regard to returning to on-site work. This employer is committed to workplace safety.
Here are some of the safety measures they have in place to help protect their employees from COVID-19:
- With this being a large warehouse and a very small team, there is ample space for social distancing
- Facemasks are required by all employees
- Hand sanitizer is kept in stock and available for use
- Facility is spray-sanitized every two weeks
- Eye and ear protection is required at all times
Material Handler Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to stand constantly and be in the same spot for up to an hour
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. individually and up to 100 lbs. as a tandem-lift
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM with potential OT opportunities as needs require
Location: North Aurora
Pay: $15/hour to start
- $.0.50 increase after 90 days once converted to permanent full-time
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to learn more or earn more, a career opportunity or a great temporary assignment, TERRA's team of professional recruiters are able to put you in a position to win. We know the local job market and we can be your personal guide to new opportunities.
TERRA and all of the staff I have encountered are wonderful! They are always friendly and have always managed to find jobs that are good matches for me.