Posted September 15, 2020
Full-time, Temporary, 6pm-4:30am Monday-Thursday
A local chocolate company, in Seattle is looking for a temporary 1-2 month Maintenance Mechanic to join their team. This role has the opportunity to transition to a permanent position if it is a good fit. In this full-time role you will support the facility and maintenance team with the repair maintenance and instillation of machines, tools, and equipment in a food production facility.
This company is the first fair trade, organic chocolate manufacturer in North America! If you're a chocolate lover, you've most likely seen their products in convenience stores, supermarkets and retailers throughout the country. They pride themselves on using the highest-quality processes and ingredients in their food products. From administration to manufacturing, every step in producing these delicious chocolate bars happens in the factory in Seattle.
As a maintenance mechanic, your role has the important job of maintaining and installing all the machines and equipment that help the factory run smoothly. The ideal candidate should have previous experience with repair and installation of mechanical motors, controllers, and machines.
Maintenance Mechanic Duties Include:
- Preventive Maintenance of machines and equipment to perform operations
- Complete work orders and proper documentation
- Troubleshoot and repair machines and equipment in a food production facility such as; envelope wrappers, flow wrapper, positive displacement pumps, and chain driven conveyors
- Complete TIG / MIG fabrication projects
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain utility systems to provide continuous supply of AC, water, electric power, refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatic or gas required for operations
We know you might have some questions about safety in regard to returning to on-site work. This employer is committed to workplace safety.
Here are some safety measures they have in place to help protect their employees for COVID-19:
- Providing PPE for all employees
- Increased sanitation processes
- Enforcing social distancing guidelines
Maintenance Requirements Include:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in industrial maintenance or equivalent in food manufacturing
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs consistently
Experience in plumbing and electrical systems (especially if with 480 VAC 3 phase motors!)
Pay & Benefits: $24/hr DOE, Plus discounts on chocolate!
Schedule: 6:00pm-4:30am Monday-Thursday.Location: Seattle, with easy access to multiple bus lines and plenty of free parking.
If you are ready to start working with an exciting company that cares about its employees and rewards hard work, apply online today for this Maintenance Mechanic role. Want to skip the line and schedule an interview right away? call 206-405-3300 and ask for Mary.
TERRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to learn more or earn more, a career opportunity or a great temporary assignment, TERRA's team of professional recruiters are able to put you in a position to win. We know the local job market and we can be your personal guide to new opportunities.
Very helpful, considerate staff. They got me employment right away. And when that company did a complete staffing lay off, I was given another job assignment right away with a very great company that is already telling me they will hire me on full-time.