Oregon’s New Paid Family Medical Leave Benefit
Starting September 23, 2023, all Oregon TERRA employees may be eligible to apply for Paid Leave Oregon – the state’s new paid family medical leave benefit program.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Oregon employees will begin seeing the required payroll deductions to fund the plan starting January 1, 2023.
- Payroll deductions may be up to 1% of the employee’s total wages with employers paying 40% and the employee paying 60% of the total contribution.
- Qualified employees may take up to 12 weeks of paid leave per year during their own serious health condition or to care for a family member with a serious health condition (including birth of a child).
- Benefit payments depend on your income compared to the statewide average
If you have questions about these deductions reach out to Human Resources by emailing [email protected] or calling 833-837-7247 (ext. 3333).
For more information on the program visit:
- Benefits Overview: https://paidleave.oregon.gov/DocumentsForms/Paid-Leave-ModelNotice-Poster-EN.pdf
- State Website: Paid Leave Oregon: Home: State of Oregon