Not only is it very real, the misconception that it isn’t could negatively impact your job search.
- Staffing companies are well-connected. They partner with many businesses – big and small, and in various industries. Not putting your best foot forward from the onset could close those doors.
- Companies are paying and trusting recruiters to find them TOP talent. If you don’t take the interview seriously and don’t act like a top candidate… well, you won’t be viewed as such. And a recruiter in doubt of a candidate’s professionalism is not going to risk presenting them to their client. So make sure you shine!
Make the most out of your interview with a recruiting firm and keep the following things in mind:
- Mind your manners. This includes being on-time (or early) for your interview, turning off your cell phone, following proper lobby etiquette (being courteous to the front desk agent and waiting patiently for your interview to begin), disposing of food or drinks before arriving to your interview, not having candy or gum in your mouth during the interview, and not talking over your recruiter.
- Be prepared. Have an extra copy of your resume. Bring whatever documents were requested when the appointment was scheduled. Know your brand (who you are, what you want and where you’re going) and be ready to explain your qualifications and what you bring to the table clearly and effectively.
- Dress professionally. When trying to determine what to wear for your interview, consider the saying “dress for the job you want.” Looking the part is just as important as having the skills to do the job. Even if you are looking for light industrial or more business casual work, be sure to look neat, clean and tidy. Avoid wearing tight, stained, or ripped clothing. Show that you put some effort and thought into getting ready for the interview.
The benefits of partnering with a staffing company are many. But the main thing to keep in mind is that recruitment firms match millions of individuals to jobs every day!
So if you are looking for work or the next step in your professional development, consider partnering with a staffing agency.
TERRA Staffing Group is emerging as one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading recruitment firms and proving that we not only stand out from all the rest, we’re the best at what we do and are committed to helping people find the Right Fit. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help!