Since 1983, TERRA has been committed to one basic principle: we become successful by helping others become successful.
Our methods and operating practices have evolved over time, but our commitment to that basic philosophy has never wavered.
TERRA is committed to Find a Way to serve our community.
We feel it is our responsibility to be Accountable to the overall health and strength of our community. And We Choose to Learn and Grow in this changing world, to help our communities flourish.
In 2018 we created the TERRA Cares program to put our mission and values into practice.
About the TERRA Cares Program
TERRA’s mission of Success Stories Created Daily is something we do for our employees and clients on a daily basis (and we are REALLY good at it), and we want those success stories to spread to our greater community. We believe that we become successful by helping others become successful.
And the TERRA Cares Program allows us to do just that.
We encourage our employees to share their time and talents with the communities where we work and live.
With the TERRA Cares program, all internal employees are allowed three paid days off per calendar year to participate in community service activities.
Together, we can build stronger communities and help make the world a brighter place.
Organizations We’ve Supported
- Toy Rescue Mission – refurbishes and recycles gently-used toys for disadvantaged children and seniors.
- Food Lifeline – a nonprofit organization that supplies food to different food banks across Western Washington.
- Toys for Tots – a program run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve, which distributes toys to families in need.
- Portland Parks & Recreation – includes many parks and recreational areas for members of the Portland community.
- Mary’s Place – a local women and children’s shelter that empowers homeless women to reclaim their lives.
- Housing Hope – a local nonprofit organization that offers a full range of affordable housing.
- Maltby Food Bank – a local food bank that provides food to families.
- NOAH – (Northwest Organization for Animal Help) is a local organization that is dedicated to stopping euthanasia of homeless cats and dogs.
- WA Park International Rose Test Garden & Peninsula Park Rose Garden – a nonprofit organization offering educational programs on rose culture and encouraging the use of roses in the landscape.
- United Food Bank – a nonprofit organization that has been providing hunger relief to people in need in the East Valley and eastern Arizona for more than 35 years.
- Northwest Children’s Outreach – an all-volunteer collection and distribution center, collecting resources for children in need.
- Harvest Compassion Center – a food & clothing bank that meets the needs of families in the Phoenix/Maryvale area who may be going through hardship.
- Bloodworks Northwest – non-profit organization harnessing donor gifts to provide a safe, lifesaving blood supply to more than 90 Northwest hospitals.
- West Columbia Gorge Human Society– an independent, non-profit, no-kill animal shelter in Washougal, Washington that aims to eliminate unnecessary euthanasia of healthy or treatable companion animals in the community and find them permanent, loving homes.
- Cascade Regional Blood Center – a community blood center that supplies blood to MultiCare Health System hospitals and health centers in Pierce, South King, and Grays Harbor Counties.
- United Way of King County – a community-focused nonprofit organization, that focuses energy, resources and capabilities on homelessness, student graduation rates and poverty.
Awards & Recognition
We are proud to share that our TERRA Cares initiative was honored by the American Staffing Association (ASA) with an ASA Care Award.
The Honorable Mention was presented during Staffing World® 2018, an annual conference hosted by the American Staffing Association.
TERRA works hard to find us the right people.
We are such a unique industry that is difficult to find staffing for. Despite this, TERRA works very hard to find us the right people.