Data Entry Job Description Template
A job description outlines an employee’s formal responsibilities, distinct from a job posting intended for recruitment on job boards. If you want expert guidance for job postings and candidate recruitment, the team at TERRA Staffing is ready to help. We specialize in staffing for data entry roles across many industries - learn how we can help your organization today!
Get Help Hiring For Your Open Roles!
We help HR professionals recruit the right candidates for their organizations. Learn about our full staffing services today!CONTACT US
Data Entry Job DescriptionExample of a Data Entry job description summary: “Data Entry professionals enter information into databases and help maintain effective record keeping practices. This role is focused on entering, updating, transferring, and verifying data in order to keep databases accurate and up to date. This position requires high attention to detail, technical proficiency, and strong time management skills.”
Data Entry ResponsibilitiesExamples of common responsibilities:
- Accurately and efficiently enter or transfer various types of data
- Utilize technology to scan, access, or share data across multiple sources
- Maintain and update existing records
- Organize, index, and prepare data for reporting
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external sources
- Organize and file physical documents as needed
Data Entry Job RequirementsExamples of common requirements:
- Previous data entry experience
- Ability to type with speed accuracy
- Basic computer and technology proficiency
- Highly organized with an elevated attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
Alternative Titles to Data Entry
- Data entry clerk
- Data entry specialist
- Data processor
We specialize in data entry recruitment and can help you hire for data entry specialists and related positions. Contact us today to learn about our successful approach to recruiting!