Forklift Operator Job Description Template
A job description outlines an employee’s formal responsibilities, distinct from a job posting intended for recruitment on job boards. If you want expert guidance for job postings and candidate recruitment, the team at TERRA Staffing is ready to help. We specialize in manufacturing and warehouse operations among other industries - learn how we can help your organization today!
Get Help Hiring For Your Open Roles!
We help HR professionals recruit the right candidates for their organizations. Learn about our full staffing services today!CONTACT US
Forklift Operator Job DescriptionExample of a forklift operator job description summary: “Forklift operators are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a forklift to move, stack, and load materials. Their primary duties include transporting goods to and from production lines, storage areas, and loading docks, as well as performing routine maintenance checks on the forklift. Effective forklift operators are safety-conscious, have strong time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.”
Responsibilities of a Forklift OperatorCommon responsibilities include:
- Safely operate forklifts [specify standing or sitting and type of forklift]
- Load, unload, and move materials in a fast-paced environment
- Pull orders with accuracy and efficiency
- Safely stack and palletized materials
- Follow strict safety protocols and help maintain an overall safe working environment
Forklift Operator Job RequirementsCommon requirements include:
- Specific forklift experience and certification preferred
- Basic computer skills and comfort with standard warehouse technology
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to safely work in a high-paced environment
- Experience with additional warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks
Alternative Titles to Forklift Operator
- Material handler
- Lift truck operator
- Forklift associate
We specialize in warehouse staffing and can help you hire forklift operators and related positions. Contact us today to learn about our successful approach to recruiting!