October 18, 2018 – TERRA Staffing Group was honored by the American Staffing Association (ASA) with an ASA Care Award during Staffing World® 2018, the annual conference hosted by ASA.
TERRA received an Honorable Mention for its “TERRA Cares” initiative.
JoAnn Xydis, VP of Administration, said, “We couldn’t be more proud of this recognition. Our team is very service-oriented both in the work we do and the way we operate in our communities. Our TERRA Cares program provides a platform for supporting and expanding on the great work our teams were already doing.”
CEO Greg Lambert added, “Making a positive impact on the lives of others is at the core of who we are as a company. Our people are passionate about service. This award represents the hundreds of hours of service we have put back into our communities and really belongs to the whole team.”
About TERRA Cares
TERRA has a long-standing practice of supporting community service, providing paid time off for all employees to use serving the community. The TERRA Cares program was created in 2018 in order to take that commitment to community service even further and put an even greater emphasis on community involvement.
For 2018, TERRA set a goal to contribute at least 800 hours of community service. By the end of third quarter, we were on track to surpass this goal. Even more impressive, nearly 80% of our staff has participated in the program.
Organizations Supported by the TERRA Cares Program:
Below is a partial list of programs and organizations supported by TERRA Cares so far this year:
- Toy Rescue Mission – refurbishes and recycles gently-used toys for disadvantaged children and seniors. Our team helped create the 1838 baskets Toy Rescue Mission was able to distribute this year.
- Food Lifeline – a non-profit organization that supplies food to different food banks across Western Washington. TERRA’s staff helped sort and repack food for distribution to food banks and meal programs.
- Toys for Tots – a program run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve, which distributes toys to families in need. Our team assembled Easter baskets for families in the community.
- Portland Parks & Recreation – includes many parks and recreational areas for members of the Portland community. Our team removed invasive plants that were crowding out native species, providing a high-quality natural area for the people and wildlife in the community.
- Mary’s Place – a Seattle-based women and children’s shelter that empowers homeless women to reclaim their lives. A group of TERRA staff joined the kitchen staff prepping and serving meals.
- Housing Hope – an Everett, WA non-profit organization that offers a full range of affordable housing. Our team was able to help organize and label toys in their child care development center.
- Maltby Food Bank – a Snohomish County food bank that provides food to families. Our team spent time sorting and boxing up food and checking expiration dates, so families receive quality food.
- NOAH – (Northwest Organization for Animal Help) is a Northwest based organization that is dedicated to stopping euthanasia of homeless cats and dogs. Our team helped with cleaning and small maintenance projects throughout the building.
- Feed My Starving Children – a non-profit organization that coordinates the packaging and distribution of food to people in developing nations. Our team volunteered with Feed My Starving Children’s Mesa, AZ location and helped package a total of 14,688 meals, ensuring that 40 malnourished children would be fed throughout the year.
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance – this particular St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance tackles hunger in Arizona by supplying food to children’s feeding programs, community kitchens and food distribution centers. TERRA staff helped collect food at the Arizona State Fair.
About TERRA Staffing Group
TERRA Staffing Group is one of the largest, privately-held staffing firms headquartered in the Pacific Northwest, with locations in the Seattle-Puget Sound, Portland-Metro, and Phoenix-Metro areas. TERRA provides temporary/contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire placement for companies in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, professional services, aerospace, financial services, call center operations, and more. Areas of specialization include professional, engineering, accounting and finance, administrative support, and manufacturing/industrial staffing.