View Webinar: Future-Proof Your Career
This activity has been approved for SHRM recertification credits and submitted for HRCI recertification credits.
The work context has changed dramatically as a result of several factors leading to the 4th industrial revolution and recent global crucible events. With the prospect of a 100-year life and the increasingly dynamic open talent strategy employers have adopted, how can we as workers develop more sustainable and resilient careers? In this webinar, Professor Emerita Lisbeth Claus provides practical tips to examine your work life and ‘Be(come) an Awesome Manager’ of your own career.
This session explores the following learning objectives:
- Describe the key drivers of the new world of work and the workers.
- Analyze the impact of a dynamic open talent strategy on your career.
- List self-management tips for developing a more resilient career.
- Develop tangible and intangible skills for better career transitions.
- Help HR find the sweet spot between what’s good for the employer AND the career of the worker
**All attendees to the live event will receive a complimentary digital copy of Lisbeth’s book, Be(come) an Awesome Manager**
Professor Emerita Lisbeth Claus
About the SpeakerLisbeth Claus, Ph.D., SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP is Professor Emerita of Management and Global Human Resources at the Atkinson Graduate School of Management of Willamette University MBA in Salem, Oregon (USA), where she also served as interim Associate Dean from 2007 to 2008. Prior to joining Willamette University, she held faculty and administrative positions at the Monterey Institute of International Studies in California and managerial positions at Safeway Inc. and Maritz Inc. Dr. Lisbeth Claus published more than 100 articles about international HR in academic and professional journals. She specializes in the implications for global organizations when their employees cross borders. She is co-author of a number of books:
- Be(Come) an Awesome Manager: The Essential Toolkit for Impact Leadership, Second Edition (with Scott Baker and Peter Vermeulen), Global Immersion Press, 2021.
- #ZigZagHR: Why the Best HR is no Longer HR (with Lesley Arens), Global Immersion Press, 2019. Available in Dutch(2018) and Korean (2021).
- International Human Resource Management, 3rd edition (with Dennis Briscoe and Randall Schuler), Routledge, 2008.
- Global HR Practitioner Handbook, Editor-in-Chief of the four-volume series (Global Immersion Press, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018).