Legal Issues and Tips for Implementing Flexible Work Arrangements
This activity has been APPROVED for SHRM Recertification Credits.
Flexible work arrangements are becoming more commonplace as the realities of a global workforce and technological capabilities combine to make this a very viable and sometimes necessary arrangement. But just because you can doesn’t mean you should? Before you jump into flexible work arrangements, there are many legal and practical issues to consider.
This program will cover the risks and benefits of flexible work arrangements for companies, as well as when companies must allow employees to use a Flex-Work arrangements. The topics will include:
- What is Flex-Work?
- Is Flex-Work right for you company?
- Flexible Work Arrangements and the ADA.
- When must employers allow employees to telecommute?
- When is physical attendance an essential function?
- Wage & Hour Issues
- Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Employees
- Travel Time
- Protecting Confidential Information
- Equal Treatment Issues
- Tips for Implementing Flex-Work Policies
- Bring Your Own Device Issues
- Privacy issues with BYOD Practices
- California Reimbursement Issues
- Data Protection Issues
- BYOD and Company Litigation