View Webinar: Let’s Talk About It: Better Conversations to Build Trust, Drive Performance and Dial Down the Drama
This activity has been approved for HRCI and SHRM recertification credits
You asked and we listened! This next HR HotSpot is all about Constructive Conversations.
Yes, legal issues, regulatory compliance and technical aspects are vital in leading and managing people, but the cornerstone to driving great outcomes is having fruitful, meaningful dialogue.
Easier said than done when you feel the stakes are so high, right?
But, at the end of the day, the workplace is filled with human beings who can work better together if they can find ways to have better conversations—especially around some of the thornier issues that arise in the world of work.
In this informative and engaging webinar, Jodi Slavik, Employment Attorney and Strategic Services Director for Vigilant Law Group, and Jenifer Lambert, TERRA’s Chief Strategy Officer, will explore several constructive conversations that managers, leaders, and HR professionals often navigate, including:
- Disability accommodation—Whether it’s the employee telling you they need an accommodation or your perception that they may need an accommodation, this conversation is one that can either lead to a solution or a lawsuit.
- Investigations—In a situation where someone feels slighted or traumatized, your approach will determine whether you get the information you need and build the trust you want.
- Performance—Your best performers love having meaningful conversations about performance, but those are the easy ones. How do you navigate a conversation about performance gaps? Do your poor performers really understand why they’re missing the mark and how to fix it?
- Compensation—Do you know what to say if an employee comes to you wanting to know how they can earn more or why they earn less than a co-worker? There is a lot of potential for great outcomes from this conversation if you know how to navigate it.
Jen and Jodi will also work through real-world scenarios and provide some tools for you and your managers, such as:
- A practical guide to the interactive process.
- Exit and entry gates for effective conversations and investigations.
- How to remain curious AND confident in employee conversations.
- The words to use. Sample questions and effective things to say when you don’t know what to say.
Be part of the conversation. Register today and share the employee scenarios you’d like to see addressed during the session.
Jodi Slavik Vigilant Law Group