View Webinar: Reality-Based Leadership – Ditching the Drama and Turning Excuses into Results
This Webinar has been approved for SHRM and HRCI Re-Certification Credit. Please contact us for the correct SHRM Activity ID's for this webinar.
We are certainly in challenging times in our HR world today. We have been in challenging times in the past and we will be faced with challenging times again at some point in the future. Here’s the reality check – The fact that times are challenging is not the source of our pain. The source of our pain is the absence of great leadership based in reality.
We must become willing to admit that our way of leading is simply not working – not creating the results or the quality of life that we would like. These times are calling for a new type of HR leader. We need leaders who are willing and able to recreate mindsets-their own and the mindsets of others – in order to change circumstances and lead in a new and revolutionary way.
The revolution begins with a few good leaders practicing Reality-Based Leadership. A Reality- Based Leader is one who is able to quickly see and radically accept the reality of the situation, conserve precious team energy, and use that energy instead to impact reality. Better yet, a great Reality-Based Leader anticipates the upcoming changes and capitalizes on the opportunity inherent in the situation without drama or defense.
In this session, participants will be introduced to a new wave of leadership principles – Reality-Based Leadership. Which include:
- Reality Based Leaders Refuse to Argue with Reality.
- Reality Based Leaders Know that the Stress in Life Is Caused by Thoughts, not Realities.
- Reality-Based Leaders Greet Change with a Simple “Good to Know.”
- Reality Based Leaders Value Action over Opinion.
- Reality-Based Leaders Work with the Willing.
- Reality Based Leaders Lead First, Manage Second.
- Reality Based Leaders work to Bullet Proof Employees so that They Can Succeed, regardless of the Circumstances
- Reality Based Leaders Make the News Rather Than Report the News.
- Reality Based Leaders Are Very Careful About What We Think We Know for Sure.
- Reality Based Leaders Work to Be “Happy” Rather Than to Be “Right.”
- Develop and utilize metrics to evaluate HR leadership’s contributions to the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Identify the reasons the current leadership model is failing
- Understand the principles of Reality-Based Leadership
- Learn how to apply the principles to your work place and in your coaching opportunities
- Provide professionals with an innovative and revolutionary new look at their roles in the organization.
- Re-evaluate the work leaders have done to date in their companies so that they can transform their tools, programs, and philosophies into ones that actually work and that leaders will actually use.
Cy Wakeman is a dynamic international keynote speaker, business consultant, New York Times bestselling author, and a global thought leader with over 20 years of experience cultivating a revolutionary new approach to leadership. Grounded in reality, Wakeman’s philosophy has helped organizations and individuals all over the world learn to ditch the drama and turn excuses into results.
An expert blogger on FastCompany.com, Forbes.com and the Huffington Post, Wakeman’s ideas have been featured on the TODAY show, The Social, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Business Insider, The Daily Muse, Success.com and SHRM.com. She’s written two books, Reality Based Leadership: Ditch the Drama, Restore Sanity to the Workplace and Turn Excuses into Results (Jossey-Bass; 2010) and The Reality-Based Rules of The Workplace: Know What Boosts Your Value, Kills Your Chances & Will Make You Happier (Jossey-Bass; 2013).
Wakeman is a highly sought after conference headliner and holds Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speaker’s Association, placing her within the top 3% of speakers. For more information, please visit http://www.realitybasedleadership.com.
Cy Wakeman Cy Wakeman, Inc