Where Are My Employees?! Solving 5 Modern Attendance Dilemmas
This Activity has been APPROVED for SHRM and HRCI Re-Certification Credits.
Even before COVID-19 completely changed traditional work practices, reliable employee attendance was a challenge. Jobs—whether remote or not—require time spent on task.
However, Millennial and Gen Z employees want to work when they want and where they want. And new state and federal laws give employees more time off of work for medical, military, civic, and personal reasons. This leaves managers wondering: “Can I expect employees to be at work five days a week? And what if they aren’t… Is discipline still an option?”
In this high-energy, interactive session, Jodi Slavik tackles the trending employment issue of managing employee attendance in the midst of cultural and legal change. The session will help HR professionals and company leaders:
- Define realistic attendance expectations for each job;
- Discipline absentee employees without triggering legal protections;
- Catch leave abusers by sleuthing, not stalking;
- Draft clear, effective remote work agreements; and
- Revamp attendance bonuses and other incentives to use relevant (and legal) metrics.
About the Speaker:
As an attorney and Strategic Services Director for Vigilant Law Group, Jodi advises employers, trains supervisors, and ensures unparalleled service for Vigilant members. She is a proud Coug and lives in Seattle.