The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has recently launched a national special emphasis program aimed at reducing workplace hazards in high-risk retail environments such as warehouses, processing facilities, and distribution centers.
This program was announced on July 13th and is scheduled to continue over the next three years. State programs are also mandated to adopt this federal initiative.
Below are some best practices for employers:
- Regularly reviewing job analyses to ensure their relevance.
- Treating near-miss incidents as seriously as actual incidents.
- Addressing root causes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Engaging our workforce in safety discussions and promptly addressing their concerns.
- Continuously reviewing our safety program, response team, reporting, and recordkeeping requirements.
- Periodically re-evaluating existing equipment use and training programs.
Workplace safety is core to TERRA’s mission of “Success Stories Created Daily.”
We are committed to being a great partner to our clients and working together to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
We stay up to date on the latest industry trends and have the resources and expertise to assist you in addressing workplace safety and compliance issues. Please reach out if we can be of help.
For more information about OSHA’s special emphasis program, you can find the official announcement here.