Exciting news from TERRA Founder, Betty Neighbors:
TERRA Staffing Group is sponsoring up to three high school students (grades 9-12) to attend Washington Business Week this summer. All TERRA employees or “Friends of TERRA” (including Facebook Friends) are able to refer a student to this opportunity.
This is a great opportunity for a teen to spend a week at one of four colleges in Washington State and test-run college-life, make new friends, explore careers, network with professionals from prominent companies, earn college credit, and maybe even win a scholarship! (Yes, all this happens in just one summer week!)
Washington Business Week programs are experiential, intensive pathways that dive deep into the world of entrepreneurship and career development, and teach valuable life-building skills. With the guidance of a mentor from the business community, students solve real-world challenges while roleplaying as marketing, finance, or production members.
It’s a chance for your high school student to truly ignite their potential!
“Early in life I knew I wanted to be in the business world. In high school, I jumped at every chance to learn more about business, be it through special economics and accounting classes or by attending conferences, workshops and camps such as Washington Business Week. Now, decades after the fact, I remember my time spent at Washington Business Week as some of the most informative of my life. The opportunity to connect with and learn from those working in the ‘real-world’ was powerful and meaningful to me – even today. I gained unique insight and education that only added to what I’d learned in the classroom. I’m so thankful for the dedication of the volunteers and educators of Washington Business Week for taking an interest in students like me.” – Lyle Dodge, IT Specialist at TERRA Staffing Group.
To apply for a scholarship:
- Visit www.wbw.org for more information (be sure to check out the videos and testimonials!) and note the date/location of the week your student would be interested in attending.
- Have your student send me an email ([email protected]ggroup.com) by 5pm, Friday, June 20 indicating their interest. Be sure to include the following:
- Name of Student and TERRA staff member parent, if applicable
- Last grade completed and high school name/location
- Date / location of Business Week preferred
- Why are you interested in attending Business Week?
- What do you hope to gain by attending?
I look forward to hearing from interested teens. We are all very excited to offer this new opportunity for three lucky students!